Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Art Nouveau and the Snow Globe

I looooooooooovvvvveeee art nouveau. I decided to do a little photoshoot of me in art nouveau style dress for my next piece called Snow Globe. I took them all myself because I'm a very shy person. I was even hiding from my poor husband. Anyways, it is not because of vainess that I use pictures of me for my art. I do it because my art is VERY personal. I want that connection to me. Especially when most of my poems surrounding my art are about mental illness that I have battling my whole life. It is a way of soothing myself. I can't explain it.... Here are a few. I will definitely post the finished piece when it is done, but it will take a while.




(note: I look away from the camera in a lot of my pictures because I am 75% blind in my right eye. If I look at the camera straight, my eye is not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment