Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A new love

I have been writing poetry for some time now. I also have been known to draw with just plain ole' graphite. It seemed the only thing I was good at, and I was completely against the idea of painting. That is until one of my best friends, who has a studio in his garage, made me come over to try it. I instantly fell in love. I decided what better way to take the words that I love in books, poetry, film (an abstract), and make it concrete. The way I see it. After that day. I couldn't stop painting. I had kept a bunch of mom's old acrylic bottles that were still good, as well as paint brushes and start painting on blocks of wood. It was insane. I became addicted, and just couldn't stop. It was such an artistic release. What I wasn't getting from sketching out a photograph, feeling I am only making a copy of something already beautiful. Next thing you know, an inexpensive art table is in a corner of a room in my home, and I have accumulated a plethora of items to kindle my inspiration. It is so lovely.

Here are some of the paintings I have been working on below


This is the first that I worked on. The lyrics and mood are from Moby's song "When It's Cold I'd Like To Die." Sad, I know, but look up the song. It is gorgeous.


This is the second that I did. I had become very ill with depression, and my poems were dismal to say the least. This was based off one of those. I was worried that it just looked like Stephanie Mayer threw up, or something hanging in Hot Topic, which hurt me. But, now I have ignored the previous worries and just accepted, dammit, I like it, and I'm 28 and hate Twilight so there.
The poem is sadly about cutting.



I guess you could see that this was my first up lifting piece I did. The poem that it centers around is very personal and sweet. It reminds me of a macaroon.


I have to admit, I overexposed this picture to really get the meaning across via computer screen. The background is the Lagoon Nebula. This one isn't added to much like all of my other work. The poem is about my husband.

This piece was originally supposed to surround a poem about autumn, which is my favorite time of year. It end up being quite sad, with winter being very much full of death to a depressing height. I was disgusted with myself that it didn't turn out the way I wanted it, but then I realized that I loved it. It reminded me of Lars Von Trier's movie Melancholia (watch watch watch). The end of the poem reads "beauty before death," it fit so well, that I named it after the film.


This is a starting piece on a collection called Wuthering Heights. Need I say more? One of the beautiful stories. So dark, and so romantic. And I don't care what anyone says about the adaption that PBS made for masterpiece classics, Tom Hardy was in, and it was just too lush, and beautiful too hate. (yes, I have read the book and new about it BEFORE damn Twilight mentioned.) I finished this piece tonight. Hating it. But now It's starting to grow on me. I guess I won't like it til I have all the pieces together. Aww, Wuthering Heights, that book IS a whole poem. Thank you Emily B.

*note that all pictures were taken by me*

PLEASE, I CANNOT EXPRESS THIS ENOUGH. RESPECT MY ART AND DO NOT TAKE AS YOUR OWN. NOT EGOTISTICAL HERE, BUT SERIOUSLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment