Friday, February 10, 2012

Macaroon Adventure


It was Friday so me and my friend Chris went out to lunch and planned to paint in his garage "art studio" like we do every Friday. I warned him that I wanted to go on a macaroon adventure. I had a doctors appointment on Thursday, and once in awhile, I realize something like "Hey. I've seen pictures of that confectionary, but have not tried that." Then I have this crazy drive to try it that day. One day, it was creme brulee, and that was a good day. So, I knew macaroons were a good idea. I always saw pictures of these pretty cakes, and of course, went to my local well known bakery. Wouldn't you know it?........they were out. Crushed, I got a Cuban meat pie and sulked. But, then I realized there is a fine foods store in the rich part of town that I could try. Yes, that would be it! Thus, I made Chris take me to that store, and low and behold, (not fresh baked :/ ), but frozen macaroons that you could thaw out in 20 minutes in room temperature. There were 12, and were flavors chocolate, vanilla, raspberry, and pistachio. We went to lunch, and let them thaw out in the car while we ate. When we got back in, I tasted little soft cookie goodies of heaven. Chris decided that the somewhat dreaded "macaroon adventure," wasn't such a bad idea after all. So, Home Depot, here we come to buy wood. Long story short, a large chuck of very heavy lumber fell on my left foot. My little toe is broken, and that side is swollen and not pretty colors. I limped back over to Chris', and worked more on my Wuthering Heights peice. Had pizza with my husband, and came home. My day was weird. And, me and my friends ate a whole box of macaroons. I guess that makes it not that bad.


Note* (how I wish these were the ones that I ate.) The REAL FRENCH macaroons pictured above I found on a google image search.

No comments:

Post a Comment